Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank God he is not like me

Some times I try to make God in my image. Psalm 5:4 tells me "For your are not a God who delights in wickedness, evil may not dwell in you." That's a great description of God, and it doesn't sound anything like me. I take pleasure in wickedness all the time and though I am regenerated by the Holy Spirit evil still dwells in me.
The text goes gives a good description of who I am...boastful, evildoer, a liar, blood thirsty, deceitful.. just to name a few. Here is the kicker. BUT through the abundance of your steadfast love I will enter your house. That's another reason I am glad God is not like me. I wouldn't let that person mentioned above into my house, but he gladly lets me in, and while I am there conditions me to pursue his righteousness.
The catalyst of why I am glad God is not like me is, if he was he would not be able to save me. He was like me as a human knowing what I go through, but he was still very distinct from me being God and w/o sin. He bore my sin, but never committed my sin.
Thank God he is not like me.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the reminder. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad,
    I just came across your blog and found it to be very insightful and thought provoking.

    I was wondering if you might be interested in contributing some of your writing to the resource library for the website of the ministry that I am working with. You can see the resource library at www.calledtoyouthministry.com/resource and you can contribute by going to the contribute page on the site.

    Thank you so much for your work and for your writing. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.
    God bless,
    Betsy

    betsy@calledtoyouthministry.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad, you should blog more

    ReplyDelete