Thursday, July 23, 2009

Living for Now.

This a journal entry from a moment in my life that I was unsure of what God's plans held and was a little discouraged b/c I was working a job I didn't go to school for. I hope this is an encouragement to anyone in this situation.
"Man this is one of those days. It's Thursday which means yesterday was Wednesday. With two clients and church I didn't get home till 9. I was running late this morning and felt like I could not find anything. (It's so much easier to take ten minutes and lay things out the night before) I am sitting in class and just realized that I am out of progress notes.
Jason asked me on Sunday how I make it through the week. I gave him a nice "churchy" answer b/c I was at church. The truth is days like today I feel like I don't have much purpose, and feel more like Billy Madison than an adult w/ a college education. I don't even feel like reading today.
I was thinking in bed last night about how much history there has been in the universe & how much history is still to take place. I am somewhere in between living in the present. How quickly my time will become a part of history like parachute pants from the 80s and the backstreet boys. (although I heard they are having a comeback) The conclusion I came to thru the narative of scripture is that my life is short but what I do matters, my faith matters, and the only reason any of that matters is b/c to God I matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment